HANCA is the foundation base on the belief that Unite Hmong Catholic in Christ and our family’s needs are of the utmost importance. Our entire team is committed to meeting those needs. As a result, a high percentage of our Hmong Catholic Church is from repeat families and friends referrals. We welcome the opportunity to earn your trust and deliver you the best service in the church of Jesus Christ.
HANCA Board Members Expectation Statement
- Support the HANCA’s mission, purposes, goals, policies, and programs while knowing its strengths and needs.
- Suggest possible nominees to the Board who are men and women of achievement and who can make significant contributions to the work of the Board and the progress of the Hmong American National Catholic Association.
- Serve actively on committees of the Board as requested by the Chair.
- Attend activities and events sponsored by the Center whenever possible.
- Prepare for and participate in the Center’s quarterly Board meetings and scheduled committee meetings, including appropriate Center activities.
- Ask timely and substantive questions at Board and committee meetings consistent with personal conscience, convictions, and ethics, while supporting the majority decision on issues decided by the Board.
- Maintain confidentiality of the Board’s executive sessions, and speak for the board or the Hmong American National Catholic Association only when authorized to do so.
- Suggest agenda items for Board and committee meetings to ensure that significant policy-related matters are addressed.
- Serve the Hmong American National Catholic Association as a whole rather than any special interest group or constituency.
- Avoid even the appearance of a conflict of interest that might compromise the Board of the Hmong American National Catholic Association and disclose any possible conflicts to the board in a timely fashion.
- Never accept or offer any favors or gifts from or to anyone who does business with the Hmong American National Catholic Association.
- Exercise prudence and sound fiscal practices with the Board in the control of and transfer of Hmong American National Catholic Association funds.
- Faithfully read and understand the Hanca’s financial statements and otherwise help the board fulfill its fiduciary responsibility.
- Make an annual gift to the Hmong American National Catholic Association and /or join the HANCA as a member according to personal means, and with the realization that the leadership role the Board plays in fund development
- Assist the Hmong American National Catholic Association with development of and implementation of fund development strategies.
- Make the HANCA one of your three giving and serving priorities.